Movies have been developed pretty much the same way since talkies were considered cutting-edge. But here at Amazon Studios, we believe 21st-century technology creates opportunities to make and share movies and scripts more easily than ever. We invite you to:
- Win money. Amazon Studios will award a combined $2.7 million in our first year's worth of monthly and annual contests for the best scripts and movies. There is no charge to participate. Learn more.
- Get noticed. Your work will be shared with a global community of filmmakers and fans, who can offer revisions and advice. Screenwriters can see their words come to life as full-length test movies made by directors vying for our $100,000 monthly awards.
- Get your movie made. The goal of Amazon Studios is to work with Hollywood to turn the best projects into major feature films.
Deadlines monthly. Contact contest for details.
- You must be at least 18 (or the age of majority where you reside).
- Your script must complete its upload and processing by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the last day of the contest entry period. This could take hours, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time.
- Only scripts between 85 and 160 pages long (in standard script format) are eligible for contest awards.
- An eligible original script for a project will receive at least 50% of the Best Script award if the winning script is selected from that project.
- A script in this month's contest will also be considered for the annual contest and subsequent monthly contests for which it is eligible.
Two Best Script Awards: $20,000 each.
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: Amazon Studios
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: Amazon Studios
Amazon Studios has unveiled its Development Slate of 15 projects, as well as a new development process for screenwriters and filmmakers.
Judges pick family flick '12 Princesses' as best test movie of the year and suspenseful thriller 'Origin of a Species' as best script of 2011-awards totaling more than $1 million dollars.
Amazon Studios has announced their two $20,000 Best Script Award Winners for January, 2011.
Amazon Studios has launched a new feature that allows writers to control the level of collaboration on their original scripts.
The Alchemist Agenda by Marty Weiss, and Villian, by Richard Stern, have been named the winners of the December, 2010 Amazon Studios Screenwriting Competition.
Interviews: Amazon Studios
Zero interviews found. If you've finished first, second, or third in this competition, we'd like to interview you.