Filmshift Screenplay Contest
Filmshift is committed to advancing the craft of screenwriting as well as the progress of independent screenwriters themselves through our annual screenplay competition. We offer awards including Final Draft screenwriting software, InkTip access awards, and a variety of awards from Script Pipeline .
We accept both feature-length and short film scripts of all genres and styles that tell strong and original stories. Both professional and Student writers are encouraged to submit their work to compete for a variety of prizes and awards.
Scripts entered into competition in The Filmshift screenplay competition are eligible to win prizes along with our Shifty Awards.
||Days till Deadline
||June 14, 2013
||$25 Standard/$20 Student
||August 2, 2013
||$35 Standard/$25 Student
||September 12, 2013
||$50 Standard/$35 Student
WinningScripts Pro $5 Off Coupon
- FilmShift accepts screenplays from any genre.
Screenplays must be the original work of the author(s.)
- Screenplays must be registered by the WGA and/or copyrighting your material with the Library of Congress.
- Upon request, writers entering the Student category must provide valid proof of matriculation at an accredited High School, university, or college.
- Writers entering the Student category who are under 18 years of age, must have a parent or legal guardian sign their entry form.
- Multiple entries from the same writer(s) will be accepted as long as a signed entry form and corresponding correct entry fees are included with each entry.
- Multiple authors credited on the same screenplay are accepted. If the screenplay wins an award from FilmShift, it is up to the authors themselves to divide the prizes/award as they see fit.
- Once a screenplay has been submitted, no further revisions or drafts will be accepted unless you choose to resubmit the work with a new entry fee.
- Screenplays must be written in English and be in the correct industry-standard format.
- If you choose to send a hard copy rather than a computer file, screenplays must be printed on white paper and bound with either 2 or 3 brads.
- Screenplays submitted will not be returned to the author(s)Please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for each submission if you wish acknowledgment of the receipt of your entry.
- By submitting your screenplay to The FilmShift Festival, you attest that you have read and understand these Guidelines and Rules, hold all necessary rights to submit the script to the contest, and are authorized to grant and does hereby grant said rights to The FilmShift Festival.
- The organizers of the FilmShift Film Festival and Screenplay Contest reserve the right to rule on cases not covered by these rules and regulations.
- Selection for screenplay awards will be determined no later than one month prior to the festival. Writers will be notified of their status by email, whether their screenplay(s) was accepted into the festival or not.
- The Participation Agreement contained on the official Festival Entry Form must be signed, or “checked” if using the online version. Please note that signing or checking the participation agreement is legally binding.
We present Shifty Awards for screenplays in the following categories:
Best of Competition
Awards include Final Draft software, Script Pipeline contest entry, InkTip access, Filmmaker magazine subscriptions.
Honorable Mention Certificates of Merit will be given to a handful of screenplays at the discretion of the festival.
The Shifty Uplifty Award
Presented to screenplays that uniquely inspire and uplift through the art of film. This award is also given to screenplays that best exemplify the ideal that we should treat all people with respect, understanding, and compassion. (As compassionate as we are, we will award no more than 5 screenplays in this category in order to maintain the value of the awards.)
The Shifty Lime Time Award
Presented to screenplays with particularly creative support of the “Green” and/or 10% Shift revolution. (As compassionate as we are, we will award no more than 5 screenplays in this category, in order to maintain the value of the awards.)
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: Filmshift Screenplay Contest
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: Filmshift Screenplay Contest
Zero news items found.
Interviews: Filmshift Screenplay Contest
Zero interviews found. If you've finished first, second, or third in this competition, we'd like to interview you.