KCWIFT and KC Film Fest Short Screenplay Competition
Kansas City , MO 64102
(213) 925-6065 (voice)
Contact: Amber Rapp, Secretary Kansas City Women in Film and Televisi
Kansas City Women in Film and Television (KCWIFT) is pleased to announce the second annual KCWIFT & Kansas City FilmFest Short Screenplay Contest. With regard to our mission of empowering, promoting, and mentoring women in the entertainment, media, and communications industries, KCWIFT has partnered with KC FilmFest, presented by the Kansas City Filmmakers Jubilee, to host an annual short screenwriting competition exclusively for female filmmakers/screenwriters. The contest winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize to make her winning script into a short film.
Expired. Previous Deadline: 03/01/2013
WinningScripts Pro $5 Off Coupon
Notification: Finalists announced March 14, 2013. Contest winner announced at the 2013 Kansas City FilmFest.
- Length of script must be 15 pages or less
- Scripts must be original screenplays authored or co-authored by a woman and must be the sole property of the contest entrant(s). For legal reasons KCWIFT & Kansas City Filmmakers Jubilee/Kansas City FilmFest will accept only original screenplays by copyright holders.
- Screenwriters of all ages are welcomed and scripts may be in any genre.
- There is no limit to the number of screenplays a writer may submit; however, if a screenplay is resubmitted, the author(s) must pay additional entry fee(s) for each resubmission, in accordance with the submission deadlines listed above.
- Collaborative work by two writers who share equally in its creation is eligible but collaborative work wherein a female writer developed the idea and a male writer wrote the entirety of the screenplay is not eligible. Collaborators’ names must be included during the submission process, though names must NOT appear on the script, and writing partners will divide equally any prize(s) awarded.
- Entries may be adapted from the entrant’s (or entrants’) original work but submissions may not be based, in whole or in part, on any other fiction or nonfiction material, published or unpublished, produced or unproduced, unless the entrant(s) hold(s) a copyright to the original material on which the screenplay is based. If the script is based on a true story, historical or contemporary, that fact should appear on the title page and should be noted at the time the script is submitted.
- In order to ensure a blind reading by our judges, the entrant’s (or entrants’) name(s), address(es), phone numbers or any other identifying information MUST NOT be included on the submitted script, nor may author names be included in the PDF file name if scripts are submitted electronically. Scripts submitted for consideration must have A CLEAN TITLE PAGE, with the screenplay’s title only, and the screenplay title MUST be included on PDF files of electronically submitted scripts.
- Scripts must be written or translated into English and may be submitted electronically or may be mailed to the KCWIFT office located at 1600 Genessee Street, Suite 600, Kansas City, Missouri 64102, United States of America.
- If submitted electronically, all scripts must be emailed in portable document format (PDF) to email@example.com, or submitted through www.withoutabox.com (listed under Kansas City FilmFest). Payments will be processed through Withoutabox, PayPal or Square. Scripts submitted without an entry fee will not be considered.
- Screenplays NOT adhering to rules and regulations are subject to disqualification at the sole discretion of the judging panel.
- Screenwriters who are disqualified are NOT eligible for refund of any submitted fees.
- KCWIFT reserves the right not to release judges’ comments or the number of scripts received.
- KCWIFT reserves the right not to choose a winner. Finalists will be announced on March 1, 2013. The contest winner will be announced at the 2013 Kansas City FilmFest awards ceremony on Sunday, April 14, 2013.
- Members of the KCWIFT board of directors, as well as past KCWIFT board members who have served terms ending less than two years prior to October 1, 2012, are ineligible. Contest judges and readers for the KCWIFT & Kansas City FilmFest Short Screenplay Contest are ineligible to enter, as are their family members and the family members of KCWIFT board members who have served terms ending less than two years prior to October 1, 2012.
FIRST PLACE: A $1,000 prize to bring the short screenplay from page to screen.
FINALISTS: A festival pass to the 2013 Kansas City FilmFest, as well as a staged reading of finalists’ screenplays during the festival.
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: KCWIFT and KC Film Fest Short Screenplay Competition
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: KCWIFT and KC Film Fest Short Screenplay Competition
Zero news items found.
Interviews: KCWIFT and KC Film Fest Short Screenplay Competition
Zero interviews found. If you've finished first, second, or third in this competition, we'd like to interview you.