Wildsound Reading Series
2309-80 St. Clair Avenue East
Toronto, ON M4T 1N6
Email: Click here
Contact: Matthew Toffolo, Series Organizer
WILDsound Monthly Reading Series offers screenwriters at all levels the fantastic opportunity of hearing their scripts read out loud using Top Professional Actors in front of a sold out crowd of their peers (over 100 people). Then after the script is read, they get to hear feedback from a selected Industry Professional who will moderate the event and will facilitate a Q&A with the audience. Out of town Winners will receive free hotel accommodation during the reading. If you can't make the event, we will email you a DVD copy of the reading of your script, plus the full moderation and audience participation.
Deadlines monthly. Contact contest for details.
Notification: 4-6 weeks after script submission
- Screenplays can be of any length, but must be properly formatted to industry standards. Work can be short, feature, or teleplay (pilot or other), but must be original work, not based on a prior existing series or characters.
- We accept electronic submissions in the following formats: .doc, .rtf, .wpd, .fdr, .pdf
- Participants will be chosen by a panel of industry scriptwriters / story editors. Coverage will be provided for all scripts, whether chosen as a participant or not.
- The number of participants chosen each month will depend on the submissions received, including genre and length.
- Participants may attend rehearsal and be involved in selection of cast if desired. The amount of input depends on the participant.
- Out of town winners will receive hotel accommodation.
- Participants unable to attend the reading will receive a DVD of the reading of their script and following moderation with audience feedback.
Every script submission receives full coverage of their script.
Winners get to have their script read out loud to a crowd of industry professionals and read by Top Actors in the city. Free Hotel accomadation is also received to view the reading. A full moderation and Q&A of the script is also doen after the script is read. This usually lasts 30-40 minutes.
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: Wildsound Reading Series
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: Wildsound Reading Series
WildSound Announces Contest Winners
WildSound has announced the winners of their Short Script and 1-Page Screenwriting Competitions. Winners will have their scripts read out loud on Wednesday July 25th, 2007 at the National Film Board Cinemas in downtown Toronto, Canada in front of a capacity crowd of industry professionals using the top actors working in Toronto today.
Short Script Winners:
by Diana Kemp-Jones
by Justina Szecsi
by Teresa Lewis
Port Orange, FL
1-Page Script Competition Winners:
by Erik Siegling
"Rupert and the Buddha"
by Patrick Metzger
by Ron Fronstein
"Buried at Sea"
by Jon Laing
"In Medias Res"
by Daniel Weissenberger
and Ross Harrison
Interviews: Wildsound Reading Series
An interview with screenwriter Martin Lager regarding the Wildsound Writing Competition.
An interview with screenwriter Diana Kemp-Jones regarding the Wildsound Writing Competition.
An interview with screenwriter Teresa Lewis regarding the Wildsound Writing Competition.
Let's talk. If you've finished first, second, or third in the Wildsound Reading Series, MovieBytes would like to interview you