Cynosure Screenwriting Awards
The Cynosure Screenwriting Awards seek to expand the scope of mainstream cinema by recognizing and rewarding screenplays in two distinct categories: screenplays which feature compelling female protagonists; and screenplays that showcase diversity (ethnicity, race, gender, sexuality, disability, etc.).
||Days till Deadline
||March 23, 2013
||May 25, 2013
||July 13, 2013
WinningScripts Pro $5 Off Coupon
- Must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- Open to all writers in any country, however all entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- Scripts by multiple authors are accepted, and any awards, if given, will be divided equally among those writers. All writers must sign the entry/release form.
- Screenplays may not have been previously optioned, purchased or produced.
- More than one script may be submitted, provided that a signed entry/release form and application fee accompanies each submission.
- Scripts may be submitted under one category only. If the script qualifies for both, choose the category that best describes the overall spirit of the screenplay.
- Scripts must be the original work of the applicant(s). If based upon adapted material not in the public domain, applicant(s) must attach a statement attesting to their rights to make such adaptations. Sponsors do not investigate or attest to the authenticity of an applicant's statement of authorship or rights.
- Scripts must be registered with the WGA or with the US Copyright Office.
- Entries must be accompanied by a signed ENTRY/RELEASE FORM, application fee, and (optional) self-addressed, stamped postcard for acknowledgement of receipt of submission. No other materials will be accepted.
- The Competition is not responsible for submissions that are lost, stolen or damaged in transit. Decisions of the judges are final.
- Sponsors, their families, and associates are ineligible for any prizes in the Cynosure Screenwriting Awards.
- Screenplays must be in English only, and may be of any genre. Please do not send originals.
- Screenplays must be in standard U.S. screenplay format, between 90 and 130 numbered pages.
- If submitting via mail, scripts must be fastened with two or three metal brads, and bound between two blank card stock covers. No handwritten or faxed manuscripts will be accepted. Double-sided scripts are encouraged.
- Title page should include author's name, address, email and phone number. The author's name must not appear anywhere inside the script itself.
If submitting by mail, make checks or money orders out to the Cynosure Screenwriting Awards. Please send completed application form, entry fee and script to:
Cynosure Screenwriting Awards
3699 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite #850
Los Angeles, CA 90010
ONLINE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Please see website for online submission guidelines.
There will be two $3000 cash prizes awarded: one to the best feature-length script with a female protagonist and one to the best feature-length script showcasing diversity. For a list of additional prizes, please visit the website, www.broadmindent.com.
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: Cynosure Screenwriting Awards
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: Cynosure Screenwriting Awards
Cynosure Semifinalists Announced
The Cynosure Screenwriting Competition has announced their semifinalists (and honorable mentions) in their female and minority categories:
Benazir - Muhammad Ali Hasan
Cindy in Iraq - Eva Gardos
Skirt - Chris Mason Johnson, Kate Stayman-London
FEMALE CATEGORY HONORABLE MENTION
Beyond Gold - Peter Shimamato
Ghost Fish - Raven Sadhaka
Kamikaze Dolls - Nir Paniry
The Town Without Men - Gabriela Tagliavini
Jonnie the Black - Curtis Burdick
Past Due - Wallaine Sarao
The Shangri-la Café - Lily Mariye
MINORITY CATEGORY HONORABLE MENTION
Buddy 4 Life - Maine Johnson
Heart of Honor - John Arends
Love & Longing in LA - Roopinder Bhullar
Reign - Christopher Paul Meyer
Interviews: Cynosure Screenwriting Awards
An interview with screenwriter Tom Sinsky regarding the Cynosure Writing Competition.
Let's talk. If you've finished first, second, or third in the Cynosure Screenwriting Awards, MovieBytes would like to interview you