The GOTHAM SCREEN Film Festival and Screenplay Contest will take
place Oct 7-10, 2010, in New York City.
An opportunity for filmmakers to have their work shown and critically judged
in New York, Gotham Screen is looking for fresh voices and perspectives from
local, national and international filmmakers. The mission of the festival is
to create a positive industry and audience exposure for works that would
otherwise not easily get seen.
Contact contest for this year's deadline.
- The contest is open to everyone. However you must be 18 years or older (21 in some states) to participate.
- Submissions must be in English
- International submissions are encouraged, as long as they are in English.
- Feature length screenplays should be properly formatted and have an approximate length of 80-120 pages
- Submissions are only accepted electronically, via withoutabox.com. Electronic submissions are secure and
save time, money and valuable resources.
- Scripts can be uploaded in the following formats: pdf / final draft / final draft secure
- If your script is in any other format, please transfer it into a pdf file to upload
- If we think your screenplay has potential, we may contact you with a production and/or development proposal
You will be under no obligation whatsoever to enter into such a proposal if you do not wish to do so.
- All future agreements will be in writing and you will have the chance to opt out of any such agreements and proposals
- No correspondence, no calls, no enquiries will be held about the contest or its progress, thank you.
- Only one version of any screenplay can be submitted. Please do not submit updates, missing pages etc.
- You may submit more than one screenplay per writer, and you may submit more than one screenplay per category
- Submissions are handled by withoutabox
$2,500 cash prize for the winning screenplay. In addition, excerpts from selected contest entries will be performed live by professional actors at a staged reading during the
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: Gotham Screen
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: Gotham Screen
The Macau Omen, written by Tony Shyu, has been named tee $2,500 winner of the Gotham Screen Screenplay Contest.
Interviews: Gotham Screen
An interview with screenwriter Shane McCabe regarding the Gotham Screen Writing Competition.
An interview with screenwriter Tony Shyu regarding the Gotham Screen Writing Competition.
Let's talk. If you've finished first, second, or third in the Gotham Screen, MovieBytes would like to interview you