ReelHeART International Film Festival ScreenPlay Competition
27 St. Clair Avenue East
Toronto, ON M4T 1L8
(416) 937-9807 (voice)
Contact: GG Gianfranco, Screenwriter & Filmmaker Marketing Liaison
When ReelHeART International Film Festival arrived On the scene in 2004, we promised to bring you films from hard-working, passionate talented indie filmmakers from around the world.
In 2006, when we introduced the Feature Screenplay Competition, we promised to bring you the same in the form of unproduced screenplays. Every year something exciting happens to out Top 3 Finalists. Will you be one of them...?
Open to all non-optioned scripts. Any Country. Any Genre. Feature-length scripts only.
Script length MUST be between 90 pages-120 pages. Please email us if your script is a few pages longer to discuss.
We will GLADLY ACCEPT PDFs of your screenplay. However, you can send 2 hard copies of your script via MAIL. Hard copy Scripts must be attached with brass brads only.
Please use "WARNER BROTHERS"-style set up in your Final Draft or script writing software. If not using software, please format your script using the guideline for script formatting at American Screenwriters Association and for a formatting sample please use the NICHOLLS FELLOWSHIP SAMPLE, where you can copy and paste the formatted text and use for your own setup.
Top 3 Scripts get a fully rehearsed casted to character Live Read During the ReelHeART Lunch n Learn Series in front of a Live Audience.
- 1st Place script will win a one-on-one lunch with a top agent in Toronto to discuss possible representation
- 1st Place script will also receive an award, full script coverage, (possibly goods) and possible representation by a respected Canadian agent
- 2nd Place script will receive an award (possibly goods) and full coverage of their script
- 3rd Place script will receive an award (possibly goods) and full coverage of their script
User Comments: ReelHeART International Film Festival ScreenPlay Competition
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: ReelHeART International Film Festival ScreenPlay Competition
ReelHeART Announces Top 3 Screenplay Winners
When ReelHeART International Film Festival has announced their latest screenplay contest winners:
The Top 3 Winners (in no order) are:
- 'Chomp', by George Sanders and Shawn Curran (USA)
- 'Overwhelming Darkness', by Steven Hart (UK)
- 'Bird Brained', by George Sanders and Shawn Curran (USA)
Each script will receive a rehearsed, cast-to-type Live Read in front of a festival audience by some of the best and most talented actors in Toronto. The Dates for the ReelHeART Live Reads will be:
Previous ReelHeART Contest Winners:2009
- Tuesday June 21, 2011 - 'Chomp', by George Sanders and Shawn Curran
- Wednesday June 22, 2011 - 'Overwhelming Darkness', by Steven Hart
- Thursday June 23, 2011 - 'Bird Brained', by George Sanders and Shawn Curran
1. Dressed In A Black Flag, by Marc Winzer
2. The Sleep Clinic, by Ramona Baillie
3. Upside Brown, by Brad Farris
1. The Other Side of The Wall, by Mary Townsend
2. Bliss Creek, by Don Teague
3. Scavengers, by Diana Kemp-Jones
1. Channel 79, by Joe Acton
2. Willing, by Jason Coleman
3. Seeking Same, by Joe Acton
Interviews: ReelHeART International Film Festival ScreenPlay Competition
An interview with screenwriter Steven Hart regarding the ReelHeART Writing Competition.
An interview with screenwriter George Sanders regarding the ReelHeART Writing Competition.
An interview with screenwriter Diana Kemp-Jones regarding the ReelHeART Writing Competition.
Let's talk. If you've finished first, second, or third in the ReelHeART International Film Festival ScreenPlay Competition, MovieBytes would like to interview you