WriteMovies Writing Contest
264 S. La Cienega Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(206) 203-1256 (fax)
Contact: Annette Haller
Only 1000 entries will be accepted. Enter early and save! Out of close to three hundred "contest sites," WriteMovies is one of only a handful that has produced movies from winning projects. "The List", was written by WriteMovies winner Marcus Folmar. It featured Jane Lynch (GLEE), Brad Dourif, Illeana Douglas, Wayne Brady and Sydney Poitier and was acquired by Warner Bros. In addition, former winner Jon Rosten has parlayed his success in the contest into getting his project," Valley of Angels". The last contest winner "Magnetic" by Carolyn Kras has been optioned by Diane Nabatoff and is on a fast track for production in 2012.
Hundreds of others have had their scripts optioned and bought and have found representation. Several novels have also been published and plays produced. Production companies, studios and agencies contact us all the time about our winners.
The founder of the company discovered Andrew Niccol who wrote & produced "The Truman Show" for which he received an Academy Nominated. He also discovered Iris Yamashita who received an Academy Nomination for "Letters from Iwo Jima".
We succeed when you succeed.
||Days till Deadline
||April 18, 2013
||May 9, 2013
||June 4, 2013
Flat Fee for Books: $54; Entry + Judging Feedback: $69.
Notification: Quarterfinalists: July 9th; Semis: July 25th; Finalists: August 12th; Winners: Sept. 9th
- Once the submission has been sent out to the judges, the entry fee will not be returned.
- Under no circumstances will substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of submitted material be accepted.
- Submitted material will not be returned.
- Applicants may not submit material that has already been bought or optioned.
- Co-written projects are accepted as long as both authors sign the application form.
- Members and employees of WriteMovies.com and their immediate families are not eligible, nor are any competition judges and their immediate families.
- Maximum of 1000 entries allowed.
- Grand Prize: $2,000 in cash and guaranteed representation.
- Up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If a studio/production company wishes to option the script, we will fly the winner to Los Angeles and pay (up to $4,000) for their accommodation.
- We will submit the top three projects to relevant production companies (such as Neal Moritz Productions, Bruckheimer Films, Scott Rudin Prods.) networks (FOX, ABC, CBS, etc.) & studios (Paramount, Warner Bros, NBC Universal, etc.). You keep ALL the option/sales money.
- The Grand Prize winner is also submitted to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale.
- We will pitch your script to companies such as CAA, ICM, William Morris/Endeavor, ACME, The Gage Group, etc.
- The names of the top three winners and their projects are mentioned in press releases and on the web. The Grand Prize winner will receive $1,000 in free script consulting to develop the winning script
- The second place winner will receive our free Platinum consulting package.
- The third place winner will receive our free Gold consulting package.
- The top winners will receive award-winning screenwriting software.
- Included for the winner is a FULL YEAR of script mentoring, providing detailed development notes on all re-writes.
- 1 Full year of script mentoring for the winners, including detailed development notes on all re-writes of winning scripts (value of $2,400)
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: WriteMovies Writing Contest
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: WriteMovies Writing Contest
WriteMovies.com Announces Contest Winners
Andreas Resch's FRUCHT DER ERKENNTNIS has been named the winner of the 24th WriteMovies.com Screenwriting Competition.
Resch, Andreas: FRUCHT DER ERKENNTNIS
Donald, Mike: LOUISIANA BLOOD
McCabe, Shane: PROBABLE CAUSE
Tran Dzoan, Nguyen: MELTING WOK
Bolét, Jeannie: BEARCAT
Pham Thái Lan, Espérance: L'AUBE DES EMPEREURS
Campbell, Jaimee: FINDING THOMAS
Interviews: WriteMovies Writing Contest
An interview with screenwriter Craig Berger regarding the WriteMovies.com Writing Competition.
An interview with screenwriter Gil Christner regarding the WriteMovies.com Writing Competition.
Let's talk. If you've finished first, second, or third in the WriteMovies Writing Contest, MovieBytes would like to interview you