Great Lakes Independent Film Festival Scriptwriting Competition
5148 Peach Street #340
Erie, PA 16509
Web: Click here
Email: Click here
Contact: Steven M. Opsanic, Executive Director
The Great Lakes Scriptwriting Competition is now accepting entries of short and feature length screenplays, stage plays, and teleplays. The annual scriptwriting competition is a way for new and veteran scriptwriters to possibly get the break they need. Each year numerous agencies contact us about our winning scripts.
Expired. Previous Deadline: 07/30/2011
Any genre considered
Script must be original work of the author.
Multiple authorship is allowed. If the script wins, the prize will be divided by the writers.
Multiple entries are allowed, but each entry must be accompanied by their own completed entry form and their own appropriate entry fee.
No corrected pages or additional pages will be accepted after the script has been entered.
Any genre considered.
- Submitted Scripts must be in English.
- Do not send originals, scripts will not be returned.
- Scripts must be in industry standard format and bound with 2 or 3 brads unless submitted electronically as an Adobe PDF or Word File.
- Body pages must be correctly numbered.
- Script title page should only contain name of screenplay.
- Must be on white paper.
- Covers must be card stock.
- Teleplays must be original material. We will not accept spec scripts for
existing shows, treatments or reality television pilots.
- Teleplays must be hour or half-hour or one hour pilots. Additional
material will not be read or considered.
- Teleplays must not have been previously optioned, purchased or
- Feature Length scripts 70 pages or more
- Shorts length scripts 69 pages or less
- Teleplay Feature Length scripts no more than 60 pages
- Teleplay Short Length Scripts no more than 30 pages
- Stage Play Full Length scripts 50 pages or more
- Stage Play Short Length Scripts 49 pages or less
Prizes for the winning script will include cash award of $1,000.00 The winning script will be forwarded to agents and industry professionals for consideration.
User Comments: Great Lakes Independent Film Festival Scriptwriting Competition
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: Great Lakes Independent Film Festival Scriptwriting Competition
David D. DeBord & Kristi K. Sutton's LEGS has been named the winner of the 2004 Great Lakes Film Association screenwriting competition.
The annual Great Lakes Film Association Screenplay Competition has officially opened its Call for Entries, accepting submissions of feature length screenplays of any genre.
Ellen Maguire has been announced as the winner of the Great Lakes Film Association screenplay contest for her script, Venus 104.
Winners will be announced June 28th.
The annual Great Lakes Film Association Screenplay Competition has officially opened its Call for Entries, accepting submissions of feature length screenplays of any genre. The early submission deadline is March 01, 2002 and the final deadline is April 12, 2002.
Interviews: Great Lakes Independent Film Festival Scriptwriting Competition
An interview with screenwriter David DeBord regarding the Great Lakes Writing Competition.
Let's talk. If you've finished first, second, or third in the Great Lakes Independent Film Festival Scriptwriting Competition, MovieBytes would like to interview you