Can entering a Contest really help get your movie made? CLICK HERE to find out!
Heather and Aadip just updated their guide for the Austin Film Fest. It was incredibly helpful to me back in 2008. Thanks guys.
People have been calling and writing all day since the article came out with extra tips. So far;
- bring a sweater, the conference room can be very cold and the outdoor temp is hot
- drink two glasses of water for every alcoholic beverage offered at the confernce. The drinks flow fast and furiously, so don't drink too much or you'll miss panels.
- the Driskill ghost tour is amazing (I've never done it myself)
- be sure to submit your photo for your badge early or you'll have to wait in line when you get to Austin
- there is a Starbucks one block away from the Driskill - go out the door by the cafe and take a right. It's one block up
- all the 2nd round, semi and finalist scripts are in a confernce room on the second floor of the Driskill. You can drop in and look at them at any time
- the "A converstion with..." are the most underrated event at AFF. Very close and personal contact with film makers. Mostly offered on Saturdays.
Cool. Thanks for these great tips, Heather.
Great info! Thanks so much, Heather. Really looking forward to this.
I really wish I could go to this. I was a second rounder this year, and I didn't really realize what that meant until they called. It's kind of nice to hear that my script will be there. I'll live vicariously through that, I guess.
I also wish I could meet all the MBers. As a semi-lurker, I would love to put some faces to the names. Tilt some beers and all that.
Have fun all. Here's hoping you make lots of contacts (and you semifinalists take home the gold!)
Register here to receive MovieBytes' FREE email newsletter featuring contest deadline reminders, news, articles, and much more. Choose a password to access the MovieBytes bulletin board and other great features.